These are the Misconceptions Interview Questions I have so far for the topic: “sound”. Any suggestions? Anything your students are having trouble with?
- What is music? An art? A science? Both?
- What do you think sound looks like? Draw it here.
- If student doesn’t draw a wave, ask “Can you draw a sound wave for me?”
- What is an ultrasound?
- Can sounds be made without any material objects?
- Can you tell me how telephone wires work? How can I have a conversation with my grandmother in Ohio?
- What part of your ear helps you hear sounds?
- What do megaphones do?
- Are loudness and pitch the same things?
- Why are some sounds louder than others?
- When a book falls on the floor, do you hear it hit at the exact same time that you see it hit the ground?
- When a car drives by, what happens to the sound it makes as it passes by you?
- Are lightning and thunder caused by the same force?
- When people talk, what is happening to their vocal cords?
- How do vocal cords work?